Paediatric CPR and Basic First Aid
Purpose of the course:
You will be equipped with the right knowledge and skills to be able to respond correctly in an emergency situation. This knowledge can mean the difference between life and death. We really want to encourage you to take the time to learn CPR and Basic First Aid. You never know when you will need it! To empower you with the knowledge and practical skills needed to assess an emergency situation and to develop on a plan of action. You will learn how to keep a child / infant alive while waiting for the emergency services and will also learn how to deal with minor incidents/emergencies.
Parents, grandparents, nannies and anyone responsible for the care of children and infants between the ages of 0 and 7 years.
- How to alert the emergency services
- CPR, Choking, Drowning
- Management of Shock
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Burn wounds, Fractures
- Head injuries (Concussion)
- Poisoning and Insect Bites
- High fever (Febrile convulsions)
- Content of a First Aid Kit
For this course we have regular course dates where individuals can slot in – see the course calendar for dates & venue. We can also present the course at your house for a minimum of 8 people.
- Entry requirement: None
- Language: English and Afrikaans
- Certificate: Certificate of attendance issued, retraining recommended after 2 years.
- Duration of course: 6 Hours