Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
The Course is available to any healthcare professional who is registered as a Medical or Dental Practitioner, Intern, Junior Intern, Professional Nurse, Clinical Technologist or Advanced Life Support Paramedic. Participants must be in possession of a valid AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider Certificate.
The ACLS course is a hands-on learning experience which focuses on management of cardiac arrest and various peri-arrest conditions.
On registration, the candidate will receive the ACLS Provider Manual. We recommend that you allow 1-2 months of study time to prepare for the course.
A multiple-choice exam will be written on the first day, with a pass mark of 84%.
This course covers:
- Advanced airway management, including invasive and non-invasive devices and techniques
- The major ACLS emergency conditions, including VT, VF, PEA
- Acute ischemic heart disease
- Electrical therapy, including defibrillation, cardioversion and pacing, invasive therapeutic and monitoring techniques
- Special resuscitation situations – including stroke management and ethical considerations
Current registration as a Medical or Dental Practitioner, Intern, Junior intern, Professional Nurse or Paramedic.
Valid Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider Certificate or Valid Paediatric Advanced
Successful completion of the pre-course self-assessment module. On successful completion of the course, candidates will be issued with:
- An American Heart Association ACLS Provider Card, which is valid for 2 years.
- 32 Continuing Professional Development points, (including 2 points for medical ethics).
- Credited points towards selected College of Medicine examinations (e.g. Diploma in Primary Emergency Care)
You can register online to temporarily make a booking, (click here to go to the upcoming course page and to register). Your registration will only be confirmed once we receive a completed booking form and proof of payment from you. Contact us to register on the ACLS course. Class numbers are limited to ensure quality training so we recommend booking as early as possible.