The ACLS for Experienced Providers Course is a case-based course that covers both common and special resuscitation situations and challenging emergency situations.
The ACLS for Experienced Providers Course is designed for any healthcare professional who is in possession of a current American Heart Association ACLS Provider Certificate. It is ideal for EMS, Emergency Department and ICU staff, and particularly medical practitioners who regularly participate in resuscitation attempts or who would like to receive in-depth knowledge and skill in a wide range of challenging emergency situations.
On registration, the candidate will receive the ACLS EP Provider Manual. We recommend that you allow 1-2 months of study time to prepare for the course.
A multiple choice exam will be written on the first day, with a pass mark of 84%.
This course covers:
- Advanced adjuncts for oxygenation, ventilation and airway control,
- Emergency cardiovascular care pharmacology
- Peri-arrest arrhythmias,
- Life-threatening causes of chest pain
- Advanced acute coronary syndromes
- Life-threatening electrolyte and acid-base abnormalities
- Hypothermia and submersion,
- Severe asthma and anaphylaxis,
- Cardiac arrest associated with pregnancy, shock
- Electric shock and lightning strikes
- Medico-legal aspects and ethical considerations
- Post-resuscitation stabilization and care
Current registration as a Medical or Dental Practitioner, Intern, Junior intern, Professional Nurse or Paramedic. Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate
Successful completion of the pre-course self-assessment module.
An intense 2-day practical course
On successful completion, candidates will be Issued with:
- An American Heart Association ACLS EP Provider Card, which is valid for 2 years.
- 34 Continuing Professional Development points, (including 4 points for medical ethics).
You can register online to temporarily make a booking, (click here to go to the upcoming course page and to register). Your registration will only be confirmed once we receive a completed booking form and proof of payment from you. Contact us to register on the ACLS EP course. Class numbers are limited to ensure quality training so we recommend booking as early as possible.